Snö evokes a tender winter warmth for Blossom & Bill who first met and courted in the romance of a Scandinavian winter.
There is something magical about waking up and finding the world blanketed by snow. It brings out the child in all of us. And we realise that the child in us should be allowed out far more often.
Snowflakes themselves hold a magical complexity that even now cannot be explained. All snowflakes are different, that's alot of different forms! It is not known how they stick together and although clear, snow is white due to the scattering of light caused by those intricate shapes.
Many books have been written about snow or set in a snow wrapped landscape. The latest is a fine edition called "The Snow Tourist" by Charlie English. Charlie explores the planet for the best snow and flows with humour and insight.
Charlie has nominated his Top Ten Snow Books, all of them are worth a read;
Blossom & Bill's personal favourite is Peter Hoeg's book that settles into the soul like a melting snowflake.
- The Call of the Wild by Jack London
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- The Worst Journey in the World by Apsley Cherry-Garrard
- Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
- Waldon by Henry David Thoreau
- The Snowflake by Kenneth Libbrecht and Patricia Rasmussen
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow by Peter Hoeg
- An Account of the Arctic Regions by William Scoresby Jr
- Snow by Ruth Kirk
Blossom & Bill Assorted Festive Greeting cards by ISAK £10 for a pack of 8.