Blossom & Bill's Recommendations No.2


2. Toys: take-g wooden toys. Take-G toy’s is a ‘toy’ maker which mostly deals with wooden crafts hand-made by Takeji (Take-G) Nakagawa. His motto is to bring wooden beauty and quality into life in his own style. In his own words;

"When I think of ‘future’, I cannot help thinking of ‘past’ at the same time. Trees take long time (tens and hundreds years) to grow and show us their beauty . I think that I have responsibilities as a craftsman and an artist of breathing new life into these trees. I have a job to link 100 years in the past and 100 years in the future through my work. This is my values toward my work.
I wish my work, which carries such values, can grab imaginations of children of the past, present and future."

These are quite simply exquisite hand made wooden toys. They contain that sizzle of magic that all great toys have, to feed a young imagination.